Sunday, June 30, 2013

Candyland

Week 6

June 24-28

Goodbye last week of June--hello July! As the temperatures began to rise, so did my workload. Don't worry, I'm not upset about that, I'm thrilled! I love being busy and it makes the day go bye quickly. Good Housekeeping was inundated with shipments on shipments of items for the October issue! We were busy checking in sweaters and coats and long sleeve shirts, a very strange thing to do considering it is almost July! We began to gather price requests for a Solve My Style Problem spread and for the gift list for the holiday issues. We also received gift cards from one of the shoe companies that we work with and I took home a pair of navy blue oxfords with hot pink soles. It is nice to see the closet start filling up with clothes again--it looked much too bare after September! On Wednesday, I attended an event for Good Housekeeping at Dylan's Candy Bar. You certainly did not have to ask me twice if I wanted to go! The event was held in the top floor of the store which is a café, bar, and ice cream parlor. The event was a Holiday showcase and featured specialty items for Halloween, Hannukah, and Christmas. Of course I sampled basically everything and at the end we were given gift bags with some goodies inside as well as an empty jar which we could go downstairs to the main part of the store and fill it up with any candy we wanted for FREE! I know, I know, basically the best event I've ever attended.

The week continued to get crazier as it continued. Wednesday at Creative Communications we were busy scheduling photo shoots and bugging Hearst employees that had not responded yet. The first shoots are scheduled for this Wednesday, July 3, and I am really excited to see how they go! We had an unfortunate mix-up where the other intern, Hanna, and I had a miscommunication with the events team and it ended with us emailing the new CEO directly. Luckily, the situation did not get too out of hand and it turned out fine, although the CEO is unable to participate in the shoots, much to my dismay. I think it would have been really cool to say I was in charge of a photo shoot in which the Hearst CEO participated! We finally placed the order for the Infiniti premium items for the Pebble Beach Event and are just waiting to hear back about the shirts. I also worked on another significant project where I had to look up recipes for the holiday issue of the small food magazine, Delish, that is published about 4 times a year and is packaged with Hearst magazines such as Good Housekeeping, Country Living, and Redbook. I was in charge of finding recipes and good pictures of the food in the recipe. I had to find recipes for appetizers, drinks, side dishes, winter fruits/veggies, Thanksgiving leftovers. Overall, I really enjoyed researching and hopefully some of my recipes make it into the magazine!


xoxo,

Becca

Celebrity Spotter
Roberta Myers (editor in chief of Elle magazine, Hearst building)


 
Every good Jew loves a Hannukah candy display!

 
Tables filled with gumballs at Dylan's


Another colorful candy display at the party

No comments:

Post a Comment